Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I gotta feeling...

I don't know where to even start its been that long....

Good News

- I have lost 40lbs
- We booked a photographer
- We booked our video person
- We booked our Church
-We booked our bag piper
-And last night I think we found our caterer.

 YESSAH BUDDY BOY!!!!!

Last Sunday I got up and weighed myself and I lost the 40lbs.  40lbs! I weigh 241lbs.  I can't believe not that long ago I was 282 pounds and miserable. This is the amount of weight that I feel like its a huge victory.  I feel great! I can walk up to the gym at the Club and not be winded.  I can run up and down a soccer field and I don't want to die.  My clothes are not fitting in a good way! I can't wait to go shopping and get some cute spring outfits! This is fantastic!!!

So I took that as a sign that I should just stop second guessing my choices for the wedding.  I knew that I wanted my dj's company to do the video.  Kevin and I looked at each other and said let's do it.  When I contacted my Dj not only did he let me book the video BUTTTTT we booked a 1400 package for 50% off! We get all these extras for the price that we feel VERY comfortable at.  

We took that great feeling and said lets just book the photographer as well.  We went with a great guy who actually does Brooksby weddings ALL the time.  The Brooksby wedding coordinator thought so highly of him that her niece used him for her wedding.  When you pull up the Peabody Historical Society website for Brooksby, its his pictures that come up.  I guess you could say he helped make me fall in love with Brooksby in the first place.  His package includes our album, two parent albums, free engagement photo session AND a second shooter for a price that we were getting quoted for just a photographer. 

The bag piper was a no brainer.  He was the bag piper from the first wedding expo we went to.  For those of you who don't know the story, he is a retired Cambridge Police Officer.  He actually knew my dad pretty well.  He wears the traditional outfit for a piper as well as his Cambridge Police Badge.  We just felt like it was another small touch to include my father in the day.  

Finally we met with Father Flatley on Thursday.  Kevin called Father Flatley on Wednesday and we had our meeting Thursday night.  I just felt sick to my stomach with nerves.  I knew how important this meeting was to my mother and the rest of my family.  I was pop quizzing Kevin on his "catholic" answers such as "Do you want to raise your children Catholic?" and the response was supposed to be "Of course!" He kept answering me all different ways which didn't help my nerves.  When Father Flatley came he started with

"How did you two meet?"  Wonderful! Kevin and I both fumbled over the right way to say bar to a priest.   I eventually managed to spit the word bar out to the priest.  In my head I was thinking, strike 1.

"Who proposed?" I was kinda caught of guard by that question but this was an easy one.  I went very quickly into the story of our fairy tale engagement.  Phewww that puts us back on top. 

Then he dropped the question that I never thought no one has asked us

"Did you ask her father?" Tears started to well up in my eyes so Kevin took this one.  He told the priest how he went into my father's hospital room the last day he was conscience and asked for my hand in marriage.  It was the last convo the two of them would ever have.  It was so important to me that Kevin went and did that  and I couldn't believe the priest asked that of all questions. 

Father Flatley quickly changed the subject and went on to talk to Kevin mostly about where he was from and they figured out that his first assignment was at the same church that Kevin's older sisters/brothers went to. Father Flatley also grew up in Brookline (the town that he delivers mail in.)  The two of them were best friends that night.  I barey got to speak.  When I did speak I made sure I dropped the "I work at the Boys & Girls Club"
"Oh we went to Shelia Meloy's wedding"
 "we work with Peggy Regan"
"Michelle Tibbets and her husband really loved the wedding music coordinator"  etc.  I was a name dropping son of a gun!  He was so great to meet with and totally made me feel at ease.  He put us right in the book. 

I feel great and stress free as of this week!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dee, you're amazing. You have accomplished so much and should be SO proud of yourself! You are so determined and I envy that about you. You should feel great and stress free. Absolutely. You deserve all the happiness in the world... and I know someone upstairs is going to make sure that happens. xoxo -Linds (neighbor Linds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee, Keep up the good work an Congrats on getting everything booked an out of the way now, that way you can start to plan other things an not have to worry about the stress of everything else. I'm so happy that you found your happily ever after.
    xoxox Nikki(Caico's sister)

    ReplyDelete