Thursday, March 31, 2011

Inspiration by Fed Ex

Tuesday was Kevin's day off for the week so we got to share in a rare morning together before I had to go to work when the door bell rang.  I looked at him and said "Are you going to get it?" He gave me the typical 'Dee just asked me to do something I don't want to do but I will do it because its way worse for myself when I don't do it' faces.  I just smile at this point.  He has to realize that for the rest of his life there are going to be many more moments like this....get used to it.

Anyways, he came back in the house all huffy puffy.  Waving his arms around, kinda acting nuts.  I usually ignore this behavior but I was trying to catch the last of Teen Mom 2 so I finally gave in and said "whats your problem" 

"Fed-Ex Dee! FED-EX.  My future wife orders things offline and ships it thru FED-EX" 

"I didn't order anything, I swear"

"Then why does it have your name on it? I work for the USPS and they are cutting jobs left and right and you ship something FED- EX and lie." 

"Babe I swear I didn't order a damn thing. It must be from a wedding vendor.  Give it to me and I will open it."

I opened the package and inside was something that just took me back.  It was a maroon binder filled with recipes.  I mean there are over 100+ in there.  They were also separated into selections like chicken, beef, desserts, etc.  Tucked inside the flap was this amazing poem and I thought I would share it with all my followers. 

Don't Ever Quit

When you've eaten too much and you're feeling quite down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
And forget all about being healthy and thin.
So WHAT! You went over your calories a bit,
Its your next move that counts....so don't you dare quit.
Its a moment of truth.  It's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back to your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow"
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race
But often in the struggles, when losing their grip.
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
The race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow
But facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out.
The silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit.
If you bite it, you write it...BUT DON'T YOU DARE QUIT!"
-unknown author.

Below the poem was a sweet message full of inspirational quotes about why I should keep going with their name.  I looked and it was from a former teammate/friend from high school.  I couldn't believe how much work she had done to prepare that and send it to me.  She had reached out before when I first started my blog and she told me about her own struggle.  Her honesty was inspiring.  I always relate weight issues with someone my size up until this point.  She pointed out to me that she too had trouble loosing weight before her wedding and had a very hard time.  It was so encouraging to hear her story.  It was even more meaningful when she sent me her binder full of recipes that helped her get ready for her wedding.  She even went and printed more recipes.  (I could tell from the time stamp on the bottom of some of these recipes)

Its funny because the day before I received my own inspiration,  I had sent my own sort of inspiration to one of my best friends via the mail.  She doesn't live very close and is going thru some personal struggles as well.  I sent her something to cheer her up, watch over her and to let her know that I was thinking of her even though she is so far away.  I can't tell you what a boost it was to know that I had helped her smile and that the very next day someone did that for me. 

I am asking everyone to do something this weekend for someone else. Random Act of Kindness.  Send a letter, make a phone call, send a text, drop off something special to their work, go for a walk with an old friend, etc.  Do it for someone that may need it.  You never know how that little act could change their life for the better. Copy and Paste the poem and send it to someone who may need it.  I know that I did. 

 JUST DO IT!!!!


and for the love of god, if you are sending someone something, please send it via United States Postal Services so that my future hubby doesn't have a melt down again. 

SHIP IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment