Thursday, December 22, 2011

How do you eat an elephant?

One bite at a time...

I read this quote this last night on an article from Active.com and it took a few minutes for me to get it.  How do you eat an elephant...one bite at a time.  Wait for it....OHHHHHHH yea.  I think I have been looking at this whole journey all wrong.  I have been trying to "eat the elephant all in one bite" and not taking everything one step at a time.  I've been trying to overhaul my life and change everything in.  My diet, my workout, my schedule, work, etc.  It is all too much to change at once and anyone that thinks that they can do that is crazy.  Changing the little things in your life will give results that you need.  For example a few weeks ago I ordered a smaller pair of jeans for the first time with a gift card I got for my birthday. I was worried that they wouldn't fit.  I put them on not only did they fit they were a little loose! Over the last month I have been going to the bootcamp and I haven't dropped huge numbers on the scale (6lbs to be exact) BUTTTTTT I am know fitting into smaller jeans again.  So while its not the elephant its certainly a big bite out of it!


On a side note Mother I am eating better so at Christmas Eve when I have an extra bit of fill in the blank  with random yummy food, I have earned it and I don't want to hear a word about it.  

Everyone else please have a Merry Christmas and the happiest of New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment