Sunday, March 20, 2011

Case of the Mondays

Tomorrow morning people all over will get up late, miss the bus, forget their gym bags, have a friend call with dinner plans, have their kids get sick, get stuck in traffic, have no energy, have to cook dinner...

And they will say this "Well I will start next Monday"   How many of you out there have said the same thing.  I know I did every Monday for about three years.  My friend Kim and I would make plans to get up nice and early to go to the gym on Mondays since that is our shared day off.  The time would come and we would do the waiting game of who was going to call who first.  I am going to admit there was MANY times Kim called where I'd put the phone under the pillow, leave it on silent or just hit ignore.  (yeah I know I suck as a gym buddy) 

So tomorrow will mark the 13th Monday that I get up and get my ass into gear.  I have to say that its wonderful feeling of just getting done and starting the week off with something checked off my list HOWEVER it doesn't mean you can't start on Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday or Saturday or Sunday.  Any day is a good day to start changing your life for the better.  Even if you just get up right now walk around the block a few times that still counts as SOMETHING.  Even yesterday I only ran a mile instead of the full W6D3 25 minute run.  My heart wasn't into it yesterday but you know what it was still something.  Instead of calling up to the gym yesterday at work, I walked up the stairs.  Instead of directing people where the preschool was, I walked down the stairs.  Little changes like that will make a huge difference. 

So I challenge all my "Starting Monday" friends to actually start this week.  Think of it as a Spring Resolution.  A lot of people start the new year off saying this will be the year and don't start on that Monday and blow off the rest of the year.  The new you can start this spring.  Dedicate the next 12 weeks of nice weather, longer days and sunshine to getting yourself on track.  Call a friend go for a walk.  Go for a day trip and park your car far away from your destination and walk to wherever you are going.  Spring is going to be your season. 

On a side note the official stats are in for Winter.  In the season that most people gain weight because they are not as active as the rest of the seasons I have lost a good amount of weight. 

Drum Roll Please

Winter = 37 pounds lost!

My life has changed so much for the better in the last 12 weeks.  I can't believe I am 37 pounds lighter, 100% happier and a blogger.  Thank you for all of you who read this.  I am shocked everytime I look at the page views and see the numbers growing.  The comments/messages that you all have send me are so motivating, please don't stop.   I can't thank you enough!!!!

3 comments:

  1. <3 you dee! awesome job! i've been doing C25K for the past week and my shins just about gave out on me yesterday. it's really frustrating, but I know I can try again tomorrow or do something else to stay healthy! thanks for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if your skins hurt fill up a small dixie cup with water in the freezer. Once its done freezing, rip off a little bit of the top of the cup so there is paper for you to hold on to, rub those skins with the ice. It feels amazing!

    Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to reading your blog. It really inspires me! Since I started reading your blog and I got a friend to read it too, we have dedicated ourselves to working out and we email/text/facebook each other everyday. So far to date (about two months) I have lost 10 pounds. You really are inspiration...or should I say a thinspiration!

    I can't wait to read your next post!

    ReplyDelete