Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cupcake Gate

I am still overwhelmed with all the support that you all are showing me.  Its crazy that everyone finds me to be inspiring at all when I have only been at this for a month.

With all this positive support from everyone I feel like I need to get something off my chest in order to keep the flow of good karma coming my way.  I hope that you all don't change your minds about following my journey.  Just know that I am a good person deep inside.

Sooooo I am a sore loser.  I hate loosing.  When I am competing against someone else I will do whatever I can to beat them. So when Kevin wasn't trying to loose weight I was rubbing it in his face that I was going to be a skinnier than him.    I was dancing around the house and doing my victory dance (which isn't cute at all by the way) This cocky attitude came in week one where I lost 8 pounds. Kevin then weighed himself and he lost 10 pounds! 1O pounds? How could that be, I was the one sitting in front of the xbox sweating and killing myself.  I was the one that gave up all the crappy foods, how could he loose 10 pounds and I only lost 8?
I was mad and got very discouraged instead of being happy that he had lost so much with little effort. 

This is the part of the story that I am not proud of at all.  During week 2, I took my frustration out by stirring up cake mix and pouring into my new Christmas present: The Big Top Cupcake Maker.  You know the huge cupcake you see on late night TV that look so amazing and so yummy that you get your credit card and order it? Well, I made a huge chocolate peanut butter cupcake.  I put the rest of the regular peanut butter into the cake mix and the frosting.  I put regular eggs, instead of eggs whites. I then took the the last of the peanut butter cups in the freezer and added it to the top of the cupcake.  I then served it to Kevin with a big glass of whole milk. I know I am a horrible bride.  I have felt horrible since I did that and had to get it out.  I feel better. 

Whether its a friend or family member or neighbor or that random lady next to you on the treadmill...you have to take encouragement and GIVE encouragement in return.  I feel like for every person that has told me I have inspired them, I need to turn around and encourage someone right back.  So in return I have retired the Big Top cupcake maker and promised to love my future husband  a little bit more.  Even if he turns out to be the Bigger Loser. 


oh and yes Cheese Fries....(just for you my dear)

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like something I would do to Marc because he never has to worry about losing weight, you know he is the one who loses weight when trying to gain it! Yeah, the kind of person I can't stand and I date him!

    Well, that is not what this comment was meant to be about I wanted to say something about cooking. Marc and I try to cook versus eat out as much as possible so we a large library of cookbooks and so far the best one is Cook This Not That. It has alternatives to your favorite foods. For example last Sunday I was like I don't care what I eat tonight because it's the Super Bowl but of course I did care deep down so we made an app, meal and dessert from this cookbook and I didn't blow my daily points on this (weight watchers talk if you don't know). Well, I made the best app and dessert ever....cheese fries and apple crumb....so good...if you cook a lot pick up this cookbook it's easy to follow with great pictures and they are all delicious dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like something i would do dee. being competitive can be a good thing. . .in moderation. i have to say this made me laugh. i think its really brave of you for sharing stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete