Sunday, November 6, 2011

There's gotta be something more...

"Where have you been?"

"Whats going on with the Blog?"

"How is your journey going?"

"Have you gotten your dress?"

Let me catch you up to speed on whats been going on in my life since I last wrote...

For starters my exercise has gone down dramatically since I changed my schedule back to working nights.  You would think I would be able to get rolling in the morning and start my day off with a good workout.  It doesn't happen at all. Lately, I have been waking up out of my bed and moving myself right to my couch.  I stay on the couch till the very last minute I have to get ready for work and then I rush myself to get to work at 11am or 1pm.  Its kinda pathetic that I tell myself I can't find time to exercise when I have all morning to do it.  I'm angry at myself for being so lazy. 

I have started drinking soda again. I find myself really tired so I grab a coke zero and throw it back to get some caffeine in me.  I remember how hard it was to kick the soda habit back when I started this journey and now I am back to my one coke in the afternoon habit.  Its gross.  I can feel the way it affects my body.  I am not drinking enough water and my body is screaming at me about it.  I woke up the other night with one of those leg cramps you get when you are dehydrated.   I am sure when I say one of "THOSE" leg cramps someone out there knows what I am talking about.  It feels like my muscle is tearing away from the bone and my leg is going to burst from the spasm.  I can still feel 3 days later.  Ouch!

At home I am sure most of you read that Kevin's dad died.  We've been doing alot of running around so planning meals has been thrown out the window.  Many fast food trips to get something quick.  I can't even blame Kevin cause he isn't eating much. He isn't talking much. He's doing alot of putting on a strong face in front of everyone else and a lot of hurting at home.  People who know me know that I wear everything on my sleeve so when my partner in life handles things the complete opposite it leaves me feeling like I should be doing so much more...I didn't go on my trip to California because of the services and wanting to be there for my in-laws.  There was no question in my head of where I should have been.  Some people have asked me why I didn't at least go for the last part of the week or still go at all? I couldn't believe it when people even suggested it.  Kevin was a rock when my dad passed and even though he doesn't "need" me, I had to be there in case he did. 

So now I am left feeling like I need something more.  More exercise, more water, more dedication, more time for myself, more determination, more ANYTHING.

Anyone know where I can find it?









7 comments:

  1. I know where you can find it... when you join back up for boot camp with me and Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What week did you stop C25K at? Pull it back a week and go do that before work.

    Don't you work at place with gym equipment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. step one. forgive yourself for the slip-ups. they happen and no one is ever perfect. the anger and frustration you feel with yourself is not going to get you anywhere. realize that, forgive yourself and start again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Want to marathon train w/me?? - danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. um...let me seee. put the past behind you on beating yourself up. Anyone that knows you, knows that you have had a LOT on your plate. A start is that you are reaching out to your blog followers. :)

    So, try one thing at a time and get back in there. I'm sorta in the same boat. So I'm pushing myself back in the gym more days a week and getting myself re-focused. So, thats my advice to you. Even of you change one thing for one day, its a start.

    I have faith in you! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. baby steps, girl! start up with walking (or whatever exercise you prefer) a few days this week, and keep bottled water with you all the time so you're forced to reach for that first. you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg, your a Savioli... A fighter by nature, your in the home stretch for your wedding & you can & will accomplish your goals. I bought my wedding dress 6 dress sizes too small, the lady at davids bridal said are you sure you want to do that, when I tried it on the zipper in the back was wide open & I said, Yes this is the dress & the size I want to be. I left the dress at my moms and tried it on every 2 weeks to give me the push I needed. When it came down to the last 2 months I decided not to try the dress on anymore until the fitting & I worked my asssssssssss off... Day of the 1st fitting they had to take my dress in 2 dress sizes .... That feeling is amazing & I just know you will do this & have that feeling too!! Hugs & Kisses Michelle Donisi Alford

    ReplyDelete