Tuesday, February 8, 2011


"I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends."

                                                       ~Walt Whitman

So all day long my phone has been going off with messages and support from those who have jumped on this ride with me.  I can't believe the people I have in my life.  Everyone keeps saying "oh you're motivating me" "You are making me want to go to the gym" What I have to say is that its ALL of you who make me want to do this.  I can't believe the outpouring of support from you all. 

However, there has to be one person out of the group that just makes you shake your head.  One of my sisters that will not be named (not Melissa,Cheryl, Christine or Cheech) messaged me and said that I had to "untag" her from the "thing" I sent out because ALL the messages were driving her crazy.  Really? I am starting this journey (as I am calling it) and she is sick of getting the wonderful, supportive messages (which if I may add she didn't send.)   This simple act made me realize that there will be some that won't get it, some that won't join you on the journey and some that will just stand in the way.  Keep going, keep pushing past these obstacles.  So you miss a day at the gym or ate really crappy food the ENTIRE weekend or smoked a couple cigarettes(even though you quit)  Each day is a new start, each set back is a chance to rebuild.

WEDDING
I have come to realize that meeting photographers are alot like going on blind dates.  You have to meet at some mutual location, public enough that you dont' get uncomfortable and not too loud so you can hear what they are saying.  I went on my first "blind date photographer meeting" last night.  Kevin had to work late so I brought Meri and Andrea.  I loved what he had on paper.  Pictures were alright enough for us to hire but I didn't want to commit to him just yet. This is honestly what I said to myself? Seriously? I even got that first date pit in my stomach.  If Andrea didn't know him beforehand, I wouldn't know what to look for.  Would he be the guy holding the single red rose and a book.   I hated them when I was single and vowed after I ended up going on the blind date with the "special" guy that gave me the ring pop that I would NEVER go on them again.  Come on wedding photographer where are you? I just can't commit.  Besides, I have other blind dates set up for the rest of the month.   ;  )

3 comments:

  1. yay dee! my photographer was awesome if you want her name? - sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing wedding details, keep 'em coming! I can live vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck with hiring the photographer.... You have to be satisfied with their work and get what you paid for....

    ReplyDelete